Sustainability Policy of Princess Hotels & Resorts
The hotel group Princess Hotels & Resorts in the Canary Islands is a family owned company that manages hotels in the Canary Islands and in other parts of the world. Since the environment is of vital importance for our business we made a commitment to develop environmental protection activities, in order to achieve the goals of sustainable tourism.
We at Princess Hotels & Resorts have implemented an Environmental Management System based on the UNE-EN ISO 14001 standard, which includes all hotel and restaurant activities of each resort. The aim is total control of all environmental aspects, which may have a significant impact on the environment. This is why we are committed to:
- Allocate all necessary resources for the implementation and maintenance and continuous improvement of our environmental management, likewise, we will constantly review our environmental objectives and targets with our employees, in order to improve continuously
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements in relation to the environment that affect our hotels in the Canary Islands, as well as to preserve the safety and health of our employees through equal opportunities and fundamental rights.
- To optimize consumption and use natural recourses - water, energy, fossil fuels – wisely. The importance of the sustainability of the resources used (low environmental impact) and respect for cultural resources and involvement with the local community, specific to each location where our hotels in the Canaries are located.
- Recognize the importance of environmental management appropriate to carry out an integrated control and prevention of pollution of the process variables that may affect the environment (emissions, noise, waste), especially waste that might affect the environment. Furthermore we will control and minimize the use of polluting chemicals and the carbon footprint as much as possible.
- Looking for the cooperation of our customers, involve our local suppliers and especially maintain an effective communication with our employees by involving them in the system design and continuous training.
Princess Hotels & Resorts puts the policy and environmental statement at the disposal of its staff, guests and general public.